Living Well with Diabetes provides patient education, tools and on-going support for patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
Our team works together to help patients manage their disease to maintain healthy living.
Starting with two educational sessions, patients will develop an understanding of how diabetes may affect them and the relationship between nutrition, exercise, medication and stress.
Once the classes are completed, patients meet with the Nurse Diabetes Educator and Dietitian for further support and individualized care to reach their goals and reduce the risk of long-term complications.
Types of Patients Seen
Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
What you can expect at your appointment with your Diabetes Educator and Registered Dietitian:
- Your health and diet history will be collected and reviewed
- Your weight and blood pressure will be taken
- We will review your medications and discuss use of your blood glucose monitor
- We will explain your recent diabetes blood work results
- You will receive information about your chronic condition, use of your medications, learn more about healthy nutrition and gain confidence in your ability to manage your diabetes
- You will set some lifestyle goals to work towards