REGISTERED DIETITIAN – 12 Month Contract Position
JOB DESCRIPTION (1.0 FTE)
We are a group of family physicians and a variety of allied health professionals. We are committed to the betterment of individual and community health through a collaborative, multi-disciplinary primary health care team. Our mission is to improve access to comprehensive multi-disciplinary primary care with an emphasis on collaborative mental health care, focused chronic disease management programs and health promotion programs.
The Registered Dietitian (RD) is a vital part of the DAFHT and will collaborate with physicians and other interdisciplinary providers to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. The RD will help the FHT meet its strategic objectives by participating in the chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention programs. At this time, we are recruiting for a full-time (1.0 FTE – 37.5 hours per week) Registered Dietitian to fulfil a 12-month contract to support our team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screen, prioritize and process client referrals, using information obtained through physician, laboratory reports and health records
- Coordinate the assessment of the nutritional status and its impact on risk for chronic disease or management of chronic disease
- Consult with and assess patients on their nutritional needs, based on best practices, guidelines and program outcomes
- Provide therapeutic and preventative nutrition assessment, counseling and education to individuals and groups
- Assist in the development of individual patient programs, identifying priorities, target dates and implementation strategies
- Educate patients and promote healthy balanced diets and active lifestyles
- Manage, review and make recommendations regarding protocols for the nutrition education of FHT patients
- Facilitate group educational sessions using the principles of adult learning
- Develop common nutritional messages for use by all inter-disciplinary providers
- Encourage appropriate referrals to all DAFHT programs and providers, and community programs outside of the DAFHT where appropriate
- Work effectively within an interdisciplinary team, in varied practice settings and different programs of the FHT. Work closely with fellow RD and Diabetes Team (RN)
- Work week will include working with the Diabetic patient population 2.5 days/week and non- Diabetic patient population 2.5 days/week
- Be available for after-hours clinical work (either group or one to one with patients) one evening per week.
- Baccalaureate or Masters in Science of Nutrition or equivalent
- Current registration and in good standing with the Ontario College of Dieticians
- Preferred membership with Dietitians of Canada Association
- Preferred experience with Diabetic patient population
- Professional liability insurance
- Demonstrated experience in community or primary care setting
- Demonstrated experience in the area of chronic disease management and prevention.
- Excellent oral/written skills
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidence-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction
- Ability to develop strategies that successfully meet the needs of a diverse patient, family and provider population
- Proficiency in the use of computer hardware and software
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to Angie Cutt at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 28th, 2021
Deadline for applications:
May 28, 2021