MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST (0.5 FTE)
The Dufferin Area Family Health Team currently has an opportunity for a part-time Mental Health Therapist (0.5 FTE) to join our compassionate dynamic team, as we collaborate with and support patients facing stressful situations or mental health challenges for improved health and well-being.
This position will be primarily located within the Dufferin area.
The Mental Health Therapist will:
Provide mental health therapy, in person and virtually, to support individuals (age 16+) with mild to moderate mental health concerns
- Engage patients and assess emotional, interpersonal and/or behavioural concerns
- Participate in a weekly Single Session Clinic utilizing a brief therapy approach
- Refer patients to appropriate community and regional resources
- Assist in the facilitation of therapy groups and psycho-education workshops
- Participate in case conferences to ensure streamlined referral and treatment
- Collaborate effectively with physicians, psychiatrists, and other team members in a shared care model
- Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity, whether related to race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology, with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience
- Recognized training in individual, family, and group therapy
- Membership in good standing with a regulated health college, i.e. OCSWSSW or CRPO
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing evidence-based therapy approaches
- Experienced in suicide risk assessment, crisis intervention, and verbal diffusion skills
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License, valid insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle
Come join our team – as together we aim to provide quality health care in a great community!
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to
email@example.com by September 30th, 2021
Deadline for applications:
November 15, 2021