Part-Time (0.5 FTE) Clinical Pharmacist
Up to 18.75 Hours per Week
The Clinical Pharmacist is a vital part of DAFHT and will collaborate with the physicians and other interdisciplinary providers to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. The part-time Clinical Pharmacist will help the FHT to meet its strategic objectives using a collaborative care model that integrates the clinical pharmacist into the primary healthcare team. The pharmacist will aim to improve medication knowledge and management across the FHT.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other interdisciplinary providers to promote optimal, patient-centered care
- Provides individual patient assessments to identify, prevent and resolve medication-related problems; helps generate care plans
- Reviews medication histories and profiles of complex patients with complex diseases and consults with physicians to modify/optimize drug regiments
- Provides resources to patients and staff on effective drug treatments
- Liaises with and supports primary care clinicians around prescribing and monitoring of patients receiving COVID treatments
- Maintains compliance with the pharmacist practice standards used by the Ontario College of Pharmacists, and
- Liaises between the FHT and local community and hospital pharmacists as appropriate.
- Baccalaureate degree in Pharmacy
- Registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists, and
- Community or hospital pharmacy residency or equivalent clinical experience in either setting is required.
- Excellent oral/written skills; and strong working knowledge of electronic documentation
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the healthcare team
- Demonstrated expertise in practicing pharmaceutical care, including activities such as conducting medication histories, identifying medication-related problems, and generating and monitoring care plans
- Ability to develop strategies that successfully meet the needs of a diverse patient, family, and provider population, and
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment.
Why join the DAFHT …
- HOOPP Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Health, dental, vision & critical Illness insurance, EFAP program
- Financial support for continuing education and professional membership fees
- Hybrid work environment
- Organizational commitment to work-life balance, including flexible work hours
- Excellent team/organizational environment
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to Lianne Barbour at email@example.com by Monday, December 5th, 2022.
Deadline for applications:
December 5, 2022