The Dufferin Area Family Health Team is made up of of physicians, nurses, administrative and other health care professionals who work collaboratively, each using their experience and skills so that you receive the very best care, when you need it, as close to home as possible. The Family Health Team operates out of five locations in Orangeville, Shelburne, and Grand Valley; as well as multiple family physician sites.
With a focus on preventing illness and promoting health, the Family Health Team works to find the best ways to manage chronic illnesses such as diabetes, asthma and heart disease, along with providing easier access to mental health services. Our team helps patients get healthy and stay healthy by:
- sharing accurate up-to-date information about the best ways to prevent disease and promote health
- detecting and addressing health concerns earlier, when care is more effective and less costly
- increasing the range of health conditions that can be assessed and treated in the family doctor's office
- offering support and strategies to better manage chronic illnesses like diabetes depression and asthma
- working with patients and their families to navigate the health care system and coordinate better care
The Dufferin Area Family Health Team offers a variety of programs to help you better manage your health. Our groups cover a wide variety of health concerns including smoking cessation, sleep, diabetes, nutrition, mental health, osteoporosis, and heart health. As a patient of our family health team, you have access to all of these programs at no additional cost.
Speak to your doctor, nurse practitioner or any of the other health care professionals in our team for more information on how to register for our programs and groups or call 519-938-8802 ext 314 for more information.