The Dufferin Area Family Health Team (DAFHT) is a not for profit organization that provides primary health care services to over 47,000 patients in Dufferin County.
We are seeking to add a community member with a strong finance background and skill set to our Board of 8 family physicians. This is an exciting time to be involved in Primary Care with many changes including the formation of a DAFHT Patient & Family Advisory Council, and local input into the design and delivery of services. There is no remuneration for this position.
The ideal candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and attributes
- Commitment to the health of the Dufferin community and the mission and goals of the DAFHT
- Strong finance and accounting background
- Experience on corporate or non-profit Boards of Directors with an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a Governance Board;
- Demonstrated leadership in their profession/business and/or Dufferin County;
- Live and/or work in Dufferin County
- Willingness to commit time and energy and participate in approximately 6 daytime board meetings a year, for a 2 year term.
If you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors of this dynamic health care organization, please submit your C.V. (resume) and your letter of interest, describing why you want to serve on the DAFHT Board, and highlighting some of your experiences and talents that make you an excellent candidate for this position. We are excited to now be accepting applications.
We encourage you to email email@example.com for more details on this exciting opportunity.