How do I get the most out of my doctor’s appointment?
- In order to get the most out of your appointment we suggest you ask questions and seek clarification when you do not fully understand something.
- Write down any questions or concerns and bring them with you to your appointment.
- If you take medications, please bring your most up to date medication list or bring all of your medications and supplements with you to the appointment. Please bring any other relevant medical reports/information with you. For example if you have recently been discharged from the hospital, you may have been given a Final Progress note and Medication reconciliation form to give to your family doctor. Please bring them with you to your appointment.
- During your regular office visit, please inform your doctor if you need any prescription renewals.
- If you have difficulty remembering information, please bring a friend/family member/caregiver with you to the appointment.
- If you are interested in a DAFHT program or service that is available, please inform your health care provider.