Beans and Mango Salad with Grilled Tarragon Shrimp
- 1 can (19fl oz) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch spring/green onions, thinly sliced (use both green and white parts)
- 1 mango, sliced into strips (watch “how to prepare mango” video)
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped tarragon (2 tbsp for marinade reserve the rest for salad) 1lb (454g) raw peeled shrimps
- Juice of 1 lemon (2tbsp for marinade and the rest is for the salad)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic, finely chopped (watch “how to chop & use garlic” video)
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Freshly grated salt and pepper
- Drain and pat dry shrimp using paper towel. Lay out shrimp and season with salt and pepper; place in bowl.
- For the shrimp marinade, whisk 2tbsp lemon juice, 1tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp chopped tarragon and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add marinade to shrimps, stir and cover then place in refrigerator and marinate shrimp for 15-20 minutes.
- For the salad, combine kidney beans, onions, mango and the rest of the tarragon. Mix the rest of the lemon juice with olive oil, garlic and Tabasco sauce. Add dressing to beans mixture and toss.
- Skewer* the marinated shrimp and grill on barbeque for 2-3minutes a side or pan fry 1- 2minutes a side.
- Plate the bean salad and place skewered shrimp on top. Or take the shrimps off the skewers and mix together with beans.
*If using wooden skewers let them sit in water for at least 15minutes so they don’t burn while grilling.