These appointments are currently being conducted virtually or over the phone.
For more information please call (519) 938-8802 ext. 0.
Social Workers provide short-term services to patients and support their social and mental health complexities. Some examples of support services offered to patients include:
- Ongoing coordination and support for patients with complex needs
- Assistance with referrals to community services
- Brief Supportive Counselling
- Application assistance and support with denials for financial and government programs (EI, OW, ODSP, CPP-D, Trillium, etc.)
- Service navigation with housing, retirement homes (note: not long-term care), transportation, basic needs, etc.
- POA and Advanced Care planning
- Arrange case conferences as required
All Social Workers are registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers.
Patients are to be referred to the Social Worker by their Primary Care Provider, by another interdisciplinary health care professional or can self-refer.