These appointments are currently being conducted virtually or over the phone.
For more information please call (519) 938-8802 ext. 0.
Social Workers provide short-term services to patients and support their social and mental health complexities. Some examples of support services offered to patients include:
- Ongoing coordination and support for patients with complex needs
- Assistance with referrals to community services
- Brief Supportive Counselling
- Application assistance and support with denials for financial and government programs (EI, OW, ODSP, CPP-D, Trillium, etc.)
- Service navigation with housing, retirement homes (note: not long-term care), transportation, basic needs, etc.
- POA and Advanced Care planning
- Arrange case conferences as required
Patients are to be referred to the Social Worker by their Primary Care Provider or by another interdisciplinary health care professional.