These appointments are offered in a hybrid format.
For more information please call (519) 938-8802 ext. 0.
Within the Dufferin Area Family Health Team, a clinical pharmacist works directly with physicians to ensure patients’ best use of medications.
The pharmacist is able to see patients for a wide range of medication-related concerns. The pharmacist will help patients resolve any problems or concerns to ensure patients get the maximum benefit from their medications and discuss how medications are best taken or used.
Types of Patients Seen
Most often, patients that are referred to the pharmacist:
- Are on complex medication regimens
- Require help to manage their medications – both prescription and non-prescription
Please bring: Your medications to the appointment, including prescription and non-prescription medications (over the counter, vitamins, herbals or natural remedies). Also, bring a list of your allergies and any questions you may have for the pharmacist.
During the appointment, the pharmacist will:
- Ask you about your medications
- Explain the reason why you are taking your medications
- Explain the side effects of your medications
- Answer any questions that you may have about your medications
The initial medication review takes approximately one hour, after which any recommendations will be communicated to your family physician.
If necessary, the pharmacist will schedule a follow-up with you either over the phone or by having another consultation in office.
Patients are referred by their Primary Care Provider.