These appointments are currently being conducted virtually or over the phone.
For more information please call (519) 938-8802 ext. 0.
Do you have high blood pressure?
Our nurse educators will assist you in developing a plan to help improve your blood pressure.
Types of Patients Seen
- Patients who have hypertension or have had an elevated blood pressure in their doctor’s office.
- Patients who measure their blood pressure at home:
To validate a home blood pressure machine to ensure accuracy of monitor.
To help patients with correct technique when measuring blood pressure on their own machine.
What to Expect
What you can expect at your appointment with your Nurse Educator:
- Your blood pressure will be taken using a Bp TRU machine. This machine takes 6 readings, 2 minutes apart to provide a more accurate reading of your blood pressure outside of a doctor’s office.
- Continued monitoring and follow up is encouraged when appropriate to assist patients to manage their blood pressure.
- You will be given the opportunity to attend our Change of Heart session.
- If you have a home blood pressure monitor, please bring it with you to your appointment.