These appointments are offered in a hybrid format.
For more information please call (519) 938-8802 ext. 0.
Living Well with Diabetes provides the education, tools, and on-going support needed for patients living with Type 2 Diabetes. Our team works together with Diabetes patients to help them manage their disease and maintain healthy living.
In one education session, patients will develop an understanding of the effects of Diabetes and the relationship between nutrition, exercise, medication, and stress.
Once the class is completed, patients meet with the Nurse Diabetes Educator and Dietitian for further support and individualized care to reach their goals and reduce the risk of long-term complications.
This class is currently being offered through a self-guided workshop. Click here for the workshop.
Types of Patients Seen
Adult patients with Pre-Diabetes or Type 2 Diabetes
What to Expect
What you can expect at your appointment with your Diabetes Educator and Registered Dietitian:
- Your health and diet history will be collected and reviewed
- Your weight and blood pressure will be taken
- We will review your medications and discuss the use of your blood glucose monitor
- We will explain your recent Diabetes blood work results
- You will receive information about your chronic condition, use of your medications, learn more about healthy nutrition and gain confidence in your ability to manage your Diabetes
- You will set attainable lifestyle goals