The Nurse Practitioner is a vital part of Dufferin Area Family Health Team (DAFHT) and will collaborate with the physicians and other interdisciplinary providers to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. The Nurse Practitioner will help the DAFHT to meet its strategic objectives by participating in the chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide primary care within the scope of practice of the Nurse Practitioner as outlined in the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses in Extended Class. The provision of primary care includes assessments, diagnosis, counseling, screening, referral, education, treatment and follow-up
- Collaborate effectively with physicians to facilitate appropriate provision of primary care outside of scope of practice
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely records of patient visits using the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Liaise with physicians, DAFHT members and community agencies as required
- Support patients and families to take increased responsibility for their health through the DAFHT health promotion program and to promote self-management in chronic diseases
- Provide individual and group sessions to patients in the understanding and management of particular health issues
- Prepare statistical reports for program review when necessary
- Work effectively within an interdisciplinary team to improve patient access to primary care and to help improve the team’s ability to provide a broader range of services (e.g. wound care management)
- Evaluate and analyze the patient’s response to therapeutic interventions, and
- Be available for after-hours clinical work based on the needs of the patients at the clinic where the Nurse Practitioner will be working. Time commitment would be approx. 4 hours one evening per week.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Registered Nurse Extended Class (EC)
- Baccalaureate or master’s in nursing
- Previous work in a Family Health Team or community setting an asset
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current membership with the RNAO, NPAO
- Basic CPR certification, and
- Current Driver’s License
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral/written skills
- Strong clinical skills
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the Nurse Practitioner within an interdisciplinary team, how to optimize collaborative relationships
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidence-based methods and practices or primary care delivery with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention
- Proficiency in the use of computer hardware and software
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment
- Willingness to teach and train other members of the interdisciplinary team as required, and
- Flexibility to take on other tasks as assigned.
WHY JOIN THE DAFHT?
- HOOPP Pension Plan
- Employer-paid Extended Health Care Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision and Critical Illness Insurance
- Continuing Education and Professional Dollars
- Paid time to attend continuing education conferences, workshops, etc.
- Flexible working hours
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to Angie Cutt at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2022
Deadline for applications:
January 31, 2022