COLD AND FLU CLINIC, Casual RPN/RN – JOB DESCRIPTION
The Cold and Flu Clinic Nurse (CFCN) is a vital part of the Dufferin Area Family Health Team (DAFHT). The CFCN will collaborate with the physicians and other interdisciplinary providers to deliver a community based cold and flu clinic. The CFCN provides high quality professional nursing care to patients in the community cold and flu clinic, as well as administer influenza vaccinations.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct telephone assessments for purpose of triaging patients with cold and flu symptoms.
- Be available up to 2 evenings per week from 4 to 8pm.
- Perform in-person nursing assessments with patients entering the cold and flu clinic, and other clinical activities within the scope of practice for RPNs as assigned.
- Conduct COVID swabbing as appropriate, and as delegated.
- Conduct chart documentation.
- Administer COVID vaccinations, based on supply and demand.
- Maintains competence and knowledge relevant to current nursing practice and holds membership in appropriate professional organizations.
- Conduct thorough cleaning of clinical spaces between patient interactions.
- Ensures professional development and competency related to the role of an RPN.
- Infection control program management, practice and reporting.
- Current certificate as a Registered Practical Nurse – RPN or Registered Nurse – RN
- Maintains competence and knowledge relevant to current nursing practice and holds membership in appropriate professional organizations
- Current BCLS certification
- Minimum 1-year clinical experience in a primary or acute care setting
- COVID-19 IPAC fundamentals https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/education-and-events/online-learning/ipac-fundamentals
- Satisfactory criminal reference check
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Previous experience working with an Electronic Medical Record
- Organized and able to work within time frames
- Professional and courteous phone and bedside manner
- Team player: willingness to assist others
- Proficiency in the use of computer hardware and software
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment
Dufferin Area Family Health Team
Deadline for applications:
September 10, 2021