- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, diced
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Fresh Ginger Root, minced
- 4 cups Carrots, sliced
- 1 – 14 oz can Coconut Milk
- 1 to 2 tsp. Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- In a large pot add oil and onion. Sauté over medium heat until onion is slightly golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken stock. Add ginger and carrots.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Remove soup from heat. Puree soup in a blender until smooth.
- Return to pot. Then add coconut milk, curry paste, lemon juice. Stir.
- Heat until ingredients are well blended.
- Serve or store in fridge.
- Garnish bowls with fresh chopped cilantro.