As part of your healthcare team, the DAFHT remains committed to providing care to our patients. Our priority is to keep you, your family and our team of providers safe and healthy.
Your health is of the utmost importance to all of us here at the DAFHT. We offer in-person, telephone or video appointments — please call us to discuss options.
Be sure to contact your family physician, as you normally would, with concerns you have pertaining to your health. Do not come to the clinic before contacting their office and making arrangements to do so.
Please check our website regularly for updates, or visit us on Facebook.
For more information on the COVID-19 virus also visit Public Health Wellington Dufferin Guelph.
If you think you need a COVID-19 test, assessment, or treatment, you can:
- contact your pharmacy or locate the nearest pharmacy that provides COVID-19 testing
- contact your primary care provider (family doctor or nurse practitioner)
- call 811 or visit ontario.ca/health811 for more information about testing, assessment and treatment
- consult https://www.ontario.ca/assessment-centre-locations for an open assessment centre near you
If you think you have COVID-19 and are seeking treatment, don’t delay. You will need to start treatment within 5 days of the start of symptoms.
If you or your child have severe symptoms, call 911 or go to the emergency department.
For adults, severe symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Loss of consciousness
For children, severe symptoms include:
- Working hard or straining to breathe – for example, the lower chest is moving in more than normal when the child breathes, the child is grunting, or the child’s nostrils are flaring
- Bluish skin
- Unable to breastfeed or drink
- Very sleepy or difficult to wake
- Peeing less than usual
- Fever with rash
- Seizures or convulsions
- Fever in an infant younger than 3 months
If you are worried your child is seriously ill, call 911 or go to the emergency department.
For more information about COVID-19 assessments, treatments and testing eligibility visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-clinical-assessments-and-testing