Family Health Teams (FHT’s) usea patient-centered approach to primary health care that brings together physicians and other health-care professionals to co-ordinate the highest possible quality of care for patients – when they need it, as close to home as possible. FHTs are a key component of Ontario’s health-care plan to reduce wait times, improve access to doctors and nurses, and keep Ontarians healthy.
The Dufferin Area Family Health Team currently has an opportunity for a full-time Social Worker(or 37.5 hours per week) to join a compassionate, dynamic team dedicated to engaging and collaborating with patients facing stressful situations or difficult challenges for improved health and well being. Come join our team - as together we aim to provide quality health care in a great community!
- Enthusiastic about supporting, advocating, and collaborating with and for individuals struggling with complex needs, including disability, poverty, illness, trauma or mental health concerns?
- Energetic, persistent, and respectful with demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with others?
- Flexible, dedicated, and committed to working in a multi-disciplinary environment?
- Knowledgeable of, and able to be a resource for others, navigating the application process for ODSP, Ontario Works, CPP, etc.?
- Skillful in conducting risk assessments and co-develop safety plans?
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity to diversity, whether related to race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity?
We are looking for someone with …
- A Masters Degree in Social Work, complemented by at least three years experience in providing case management, advocacy or counselling services. An applicant with a Bachelor of Social Work, complemented by at least five years clinical experience, may also be considered.
- Membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Demonstrated case management experience in supporting individuals with financial, mental health, substance abuse, disability, or age related concerns.
- Effective skills in workshop and group facilitation.
- A strong, collaborative and initiative-taking work ethic.
- Current up-to-date knowledge of supports and services in the Dufferin-Caledon area.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License, valid insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to Angie Cutt at email@example.com by June 8, 2018.