MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST - 1.0 FTE
Family Health Teams (FHT’s) use a patient-centered approach to primary health care that brings together physicians and other health-care professionals to co-ordinate the highest possible quality of care for patients – when they need it, as close to home as possible. FHTs are a key component of Ontario’s health-care plan to reduce wait times, improve access to doctors and nurses, and keep Ontarians healthy.
The Dufferin Area Family Health Team currently has an opportunity for a Mental Health Therapist 1.0 FTE (37.5 hours per week) to join a compassionate, dynamic team dedicated to engaging and collaborating with patients facing stressful situations or mental health challenges. Come join our team - as together we aim to provide quality health care in a great community!
Are you …
- Enthusiastic about utilizing evidence-based therapy skills to support individuals struggling with diverse situational, family, or mood related concerns?
- Knowledgeable about mental health issues, trauma, risk assessment, and substance use?
- Able to conduct an intake conversation or brief single session?
- Creative and passionate about the development and facilitation of group therapy or psycho-education workshops?
- Flexible, with exceptional interpersonal skills, and committed to working in a multi-disciplinary environment?
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity to diversity, whether related to race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity?
We are looking for someone with …
- A Masters Degree in Social Work or Psychology, including a minimum five years experience in individual, family and/or group counselling.
- Membership in good standing with a regulated health college, such as the Ontario College of Social Workers or College of Registered Psychotherapists and Registered Mental Health Therapists of Ontario.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in utilizing evidence-based therapy approaches in supporting patients to overcome or cope with various mental health issues.
- Effective skills in workshop, psycho-education and/or therapy group facilitation.
- A strong, collaborative, and innovative work ethic.
- Current knowledge of supports and services in the Dufferin-Caledon area.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License, valid insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to email@example.com before March 1, 2018