MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST
TWO (2) FULL-TIME POSITIONS
To Serve the Orangeville – Bolton – Caledon Area
Family Health Teams (FHT’s) usea patient-centered approach to primary health care that brings together physicians and other health-care professionals to co-ordinate the highest possible quality of care for patients – when they need it, as close to home as possible. FHTs are a key component of Ontario’s health-care plan to reduce wait times, improve access to doctors and nurses, and keep Ontarians healthy.
The Dufferin Area Family Health Teamcurrently has an opportunity for two (2) Mental Health Therapists (Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week) to join a compassionate, dynamic team dedicated to engaging and collaborating with patients facing stressful situations or mental health challenges for improved health and well-being. Come join our team - as together we aim to provide quality health care in a great community!
Are you …
- Enthusiastic about utilizing evidence-based therapy skills to support individuals struggling with diverse situational, family, or mood related concerns?
- Knowledgeable about mental health issues, trauma, risk assessment, and substance use?
- Able to conduct an intake conversation or brief single session?
- Creative and passionate about the development and facilitation of therapy groups or psycho-education workshops?
- Flexible, with exceptional interpersonal skills, and committed to working in a multi-disciplinary environment?
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity to diversity, whether related to race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity?
We are looking for someone with …
- A Masters Degree in Social Work or Psychology, including a minimum five years experience in individual, family and/or group counselling.
- Membership in good standing with a regulated health college, such as the Ontario College of Social Workers or College of Registered Psychotherapists and Registered Mental Health Therapists of Ontario.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in utilizing, evidence-based therapy approaches to supporting individuals with various mental health concerns.
- Effective skills in workshop, psycho-education and/or therapy group facilitation.
- A strong collaborative and innovative work ethic.
- Current knowledge of supports and services in the Dufferin-Caledon area.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License, valid insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to email@example.com August 24th, 2018