Family Health Teams (FHT’s) use a patient-centered approach to primary health care that brings together physicians and other health-care professionals to co-ordinate the highest possible quality of care for patients – when they need it, as close to home as possible. FHTs are a key component of Ontario’s health-care plan to reduce wait times, improve access to doctors and nurses, and keep Ontarians healthy.
The Dufferin Area Family Health Team currently has an opportunity for a Mental Health Intake Therapist (Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week) to join a compassionate, dynamic team dedicated to engaging and collaborating with patients facing stressful situations or mental health challenges for improved health and well-being. Come join our team - as together we aim to provide quality health care in a great community!
Are you …
- Able to engage and support patients in phone conversations to assess for mental health concerns?
- Experienced and enthusiastic about brief or single session approaches to therapy?
- Organized, flexible, and able to manage changing priorities?
- Able to respond well in a crisis situation?
- Committed to working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment?
- Knowledgeable about mental health issues, trauma, risk assessment, and substance use?
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity to diversity, whether related to race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity?
We are looking for someone with …
- A Masters Degree in Social Work or Psychology, including a minimum three years experience in individual, family and/or group counselling.
- Membership in good standing with a regulated health college, such as the Ontario College of Social Workers or College of Registered Psychotherapists and Registered Mental Health Therapists of Ontario.
- A thorough, current knowledge of community resources and services within the Dufferin-Caledon region.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing, evidence-based therapy approaches to supporting individuals with various mental health concerns.
- A strong collaborative and innovative work ethic.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License, valid insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to:
email@example.com by March 20, 2017