At the first visit, a nurse will meet with you to assess your blood pressure and discuss why high blood pressure happens and the factors that affect it.
The nurse educator will help you to develop a plan to help improve your blood pressure.
Types of Patients Seen
- Patients who have hypertension or have had an elevated blood pressure in their doctor’s office.
- Patients who measure their blood pressure at home:
- to validate a home blood pressure machine to ensure accuracy of monitor
- to help patients with correct technique when measuring blood pressure on their own machine
What you can expect at your appointment with your Nurse Educator:
- Your blood pressure will be taken using a Bp TRU machine. This machine takes 6 readings, 2 minutes apart to provide a more accurate reading of your blood pressure outside of a doctor’s office.
- Continued monitoring and follow up is encouraged when appropriate to assist patients to manage their blood pressure.
- You will be given the opportunity to attend our Change of Heart Healthy Lifestyles session.
- If you have a home blood pressure monitor, please bring it with you to your appointment.