The Quality Improvement /Data/EMR manager is responsible for supporting the Dufferin Area Family Health Team (DAFHT) in management of the electronic medical record system, liaising with our service provider and IT specialist, and responding to system outages.
The Quality Improvement /Data/EMR manager is responsible for quality improvement planning, decision making and implementation activities.
As well, the Quality Improvement/DATA/EMR Manager provides oversight of the QI goals and objectives, to ensure a high quality of care for patients and accurate data collection and reporting. This position is accountable directly to the Executive Director and is a full-time position.
- Manage and troubleshoot any IT or EMR problems on site, as needed. First responder for system outages
- Strong working knowledge of MAC computers and networks
- Point person for the organization in dealing with EMR issues as they arise. Liaison with Telus, and off-site IT specialist
- Creates pathways to collect program data and translates into reporting mechanisms
- Monitor and evaluate the EMR functionality from a user and decision support perspective
- Design, test and deploy tools and processes for extracting and managing performance data
- Act as a consultant and support to inter-disciplinary providers on data management and performance measurement
- Participates in QI and Strategic governance committees, as well as interdisciplinary meetings on a quarterly basis
- Prepares statistical reports as required, for the DAFHT team, the Board of Directors, and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and participates in their analysis
- Ensure program evaluations and provider outcomes reflect what is being reported to the MOH
- Identifies key performance indicators for programs, and participates in the measurement of these indicators
- Provides input into the annual Quality Improvement Plan
- Performs analytics, and suggests quality initiatives to improve the overall success of the programs and services of the DAFHT
- Manages and updates the DAFHT website, as well as bi-weekly newsletters
- In conjunction with the Board and Management, the QI Manager along with the QI Committee conducts a variety of on-going and special QI Projects to improve the delivery, quality or effectiveness of service delivery
- Works closely with the Executive Director and Program Manager
- Liaise with other professionals in and outside of Dufferin Area Family Health Team to develop a strong understanding of the various QI objectives and related performance measurement.
- A University degree in a related discipline (Business Administration, Statistics, Health Sciences or Information Management) or equivalent education and experience
- Experience with Telus PS EMR, and MAC computers
- Demonstrated expertise in data quality and clinical information management best practices
- Knowledge of primary care and demonstrated interest in the use of data for quality improvement
- Sound knowledge of performance improvement techniques and practices used in healthcare settings, process redesign and system implementation experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office; including Power point, Word and Excel
- Superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops, and conferences
- Demonstrated ability to welcome change and manage it innovatively
- Ability to work as a team and an individual
- Ability to plan and organize own workload to maximize the efficiency of the office
- Knowledge of the goals; structure; policies and procedures and programs of the DAFHT
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
Please send your CV to Lianne Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org