Addictions Counsellor – Regional Services – CADS - Orangeville
Homewood Health™ is Canada’s leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
With over 130 years of experience, Homewood Health Centre is one of Canada's largest and leading facilities for medically focused, physician-led treatment of mental health and addiction disorders.
We are hiring an Addictions Counsellor for our Regional Services Team based out of our Orangeville site at Homewood and are looking for you. You’re a great fit, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are passionate about innovation, foster collaboration, and are committed to service excellence.
The Addictions Counsellor provides education regarding addiction and addiction recovery, as well as counselling individuals and families struggling with substance use disorders and/or other addictions in the Centre and North Wellington areas. Competence in the 12 core functions of Addictions Counsellors is required. This position may involve intake, screening, assessment and referral functions; individual and group work.
Hours of work: Temporary Full Time, 35 hours per week
What the job entails:
- Conducts assessments for substance use, problem gambling, and other related areas to individuals to help guide in treatment planning.
- Provides individual counseling to support the individual’s addiction and mental health recovery
- Develops and presents psycho-educational sessions to clients/patients in individual or large group formats.
- Provides a learning experience for volunteers, staff and students through supporting their observer role in group and/or by supervising students.
- Leads group counselling session.
- Liaises with referral sources and other relevant outside organizations regarding patient/client’s progress.
- Supports patient’s/clients’ discharge planning through referral to appropriate community resources.
- Assists patients/clients in coordinating outpatient counselling and/or follow-up.
- Offer Family Education/Counseling.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a recognized Social Sciences program with addiction specific education
- Must hold valid registration with the relevant college/governing body in Ontario or in pursuit of relevant credential.
- Certification in Addiction Counselling (ICADC) preferred
- Membership with Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF) preferred
- Experience in group and individual counselling, strong customer service skills and comfortable presenting to large groups
- Experiencing working directly with youth in both traditional and non-traditional settings
- Experience coordinating client care with other service providers
- Demonstrated experience in chemical dependence, gambling and concurrent psychiatric disorders
- Experience in mood disorders an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to work within an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to own vehicle and ability/willingness to travel within Central and North Wellington Townships
- Knowledge of addictions along a continuum of care
- Engaging, collaborative and creative, astute to clients' needs with the ability to adapt and be flexible
- Demonstrated commitment to Homewood’s Values (Service Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, and Integrity)
- Commitment to working within Homewood’s Health and Safety Standards
Why Work For Us
We are driven by our values and a passion for helping people improve their lives. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities. Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join Homewood Health™ and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.