The Dufferin area Family Health Team (DAFHT) is currently seeking a strategic Clinical Program Manger to join our team! The program manager plays an integral role within the operations of the DAFHT and in collaboration with the Executive Director, is responsible for the overall implementation, management, and evaluation of the programs and services delivered in the organization. We are looking for a passionate and innovative leader with interest, knowledge and experience in managing programs in a health care setting.
• Supports clinical programs through team-based, patient-centered practices that meet professional and best-practice standards of care.
• Promotes awareness of the FHT services and programs to the patients of the FHT.
• Provides information and recommendations concerning clinical operations, risk management, and community and patient relations.
• Communicates with related health care organizations to promote the coordination and/or planning of local health care services.
• Participates in managing the Patient Advisory Committee, alongside inter-disciplinary team leads.
• Scheduling and managing needs for the physician led DAFHT memory clinic.
• Implements strategies to promote health and prevent disease with individuals and in group settings.
• Undertakes needs assessments pertaining to patient care delivery, and utilizes results.
• Communicates with team members on an as needed basis providing day to day direction.
• Scheduling and conducting quarterly program meetings with providers and physician champions.
• Prepares FHT budget information as it pertains to programs on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Participates in the various governance committees of the organization.
• Leads the Clinical Program Committee, alongside the physician champions.
• Conducts program planning, implementation and evaluation of the DAFHT’s multidisciplinary programs in collaboration with other DAFHT team members and physicians.
• Ensures that programs that meet the requirements and standards identified in the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines as defined by the Ministry of Health and Long Team Care.
• Assists in the developments and/or acquisition of appropriate resources and provides training when/as needed.
• Participates in interdisciplinary meetings as required.
• Participates in workload measurement, evaluates results to identify trends in patient needs.
• Prepares bi-weekly newsletters going to staff, physicians, clinic staff, relevant community providers, and patients.
• Works closely with the Executive Director and QI Manager.
• Baccalaureate degree in a regulated health profession required (I.e. nursing, occupational therapy, social work, etc.).
• Master’s degree in related field preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office; including Power point, Word and Excel.
• Experience with Telus PS EMR and MAC computers an asset.
• Experience managing an inter-professional health care team in a multi-site health care setting.
• Superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated conflict resolution and creative problem-solving skills.
• Strong track record in leading the development and evaluation of programs in a health care setting.
• Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops, and conferences.
• Demonstrated ability to welcome change and manage it innovatively.
• Ability to work independently and manage a team, with little direction and support.
• Ability to plan and organize own workload to maximize the efficiency of the office.
• Knowledge of the goals; structure; policies and procedures and programs of the DAFHT.
Please forward your CV to the attention of Lianne Davies – firstname.lastname@example.org